Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:16+
Event Assistant Crew - Weir River Farm
Do you love the outdoors and meeting new folks while sharing your knowledge of the area? Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community? Weir River Farm in Hingham is currently looking for volunteers to join our Event Assistant Crew. Volunteers will meet and greet visitors, share information about The Trustees’ mission and properties, sign visitors up for our mailing lists, recruit new members and donors. Options to help run craft tables or something similar also available. This is a terrific way to meet new people and have fun!
- Talk with visitors, answering questions about The Trustees and Trustees’ properties
- Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
- Educate the public about the goals of The Trustees and encourage membership
- Assist with programs as needed
- Assist children with creating crafts
- Assist families in interacting with the animals and overall experience of the farm
- Sign up for this opportunity
- Have reliable transportation to the farm
- Desire to meet with the public
- Good communication skills
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Experience working with the public
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
- Open Barnyard – Every Saturday, April – October, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Boo in the Barnyard, October 27, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Celebration & Turkey Sale, November 18, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Celebration & Turkey Sale, November 19, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Annual Christmas Tree Sale, December 1, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Winter Wreath Raising Festival, Saturday, December 1, 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Annual Christmas Tree Sale, December 2, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: