Goat Hike Volunteer - CHF
Our community farm offers many opportunities for families to experience total sensory learning while also engaging with the working mechanics of locally grown food. Chestnut Hill Farm is a leader in farm-based and environmental education with programs that engage and inspire the next generation to love nature and learn about local farms, animals, food and the environment. We are home to goats, fields of vegetables and many ecological wonders.
Do you enjoy working with animals and being outdoors? We are looking for volunteers to assist with our Goat Hikes. During our goat hikes, guests in small groups will come to walk goats around our property. This opportunity is great for adults and responsible teens interested in engaging the public with our goats. Training provided.
Reports to: Property Staff
Covid-19 Volunteer Safety:
The health and safety of Trustees’ volunteers, staff and visitors is our top priority.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home
- If you have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 or someone displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home
- For our most current Covid-19 updates, please visit our main Trustees site
- Meet and greet visitors
- Answer questions about Chestnut Hill Farm and educate families about our animals
- Educate guests about how to safely walk and care for goats
- Handling the goats (putting collar and leash on, walking them)
- Adhere to The Trustees safety and COVID-19 protocols
- Sign up for a shift
- Interest in working in a farm environment
- Comfortable to ask questions if unclear of chore
- Desire to learn about animals
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions and walking
- Please note: a background check may be required for this role
Weekly commitment preferred but can be flexible. Training begins by shadowing staff. This is a weather dependent opportunity and may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions.
For more information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
Inclusive Spaces for All
We are committed to providing a welcoming environment for all. Together, alongside our partners and volunteers we are creating inclusive spaces of community for people of all backgrounds to enjoy and preserving these open spaces for everyone, forever. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability, and experience.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: