Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:14+
Winterlights - Naumkeag
Issue Area(s) Environment
Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
Winterlights - Naumkeag Southern Berkshires Management Unit | http://www.thetrustees.org
Trustees Winterlights returns and is bigger and better than ever. The exceptional gardens at Naumkeag in Stockbridge will sparkle with thousands of shimmering and artfully designed holiday lights. Bring the family for scavenger hunts, crafts, seasonal characters and experiences, food and refreshments, and more. Winterlights is a visual evening time holiday light extravaganza with many opportunities to volunteer and get involved! Each weekend, Thursday-Sunday, November 21, 2019 - December 31, 2019, we need volunteers. Volunteers should plan on a shift starting at 4:30 pm and ending at 8:30 pm.
Event Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
· Meet and greet visitors
· Assist with parking and wayfinding
· Assist with refreshments
· Monitor children’s activities
· Monitor the lights and decorations, repairing or replacing as needed
· Educate the public about the goals of the Trustees and the benefits of being a Trustees’ member
· Assist with set up and clean up nightly
· Communicate regularly with staff
· Sign-up for your available days
· Have reliable transportation to the property
· Desire to meet with the public, and share knowledge of The Trustees
· Good communication skills
· Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
· Experience working with the public (desired, not required)
Time Commitment Needed For Winter Lights event:
hursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Sign up for one day or as many as you like!
We're looking for hearty folks to volunteer for a variety of tasks, a majority of them outdoors and on uneven terrain, from 4:30-8:30 pm. Email Amanda Duquette at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: