Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Field Assistant - Powisset Farm
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following)
• Help with all aspects of CSA/farm stand distribution
• Maintain the fields by weeding (by hand or by specialized hand tool), laying row cover, staking and tying tomatoes
• Help with transplanting of seedlings and hand scale direct seeding
• Maintain tools and facilities associated with field work including the wash-up station, harvest containers, harvest and weeding tools.
• Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the fields. We also suggest that you wear long pants, however to do so is optional.
• Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
• Log volunteer hours
• Enthusiasm for farming and being outside in all weather conditions
• Enthusiastic and able to do fast-paced, repetitive, detail-oriented work
• Ability to kneel and stand for an extended period of time
• Ability to identify the difference between a weed and specific veggies grown in the field
• Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment. Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. – noon.
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: