Age Minimum (with Adult):16+, Minimum Age:16+
Field Assistant - Powisset Farm
• Help with all aspects of CSA/farm stand distribution
• Maintain the fields by weeding (by hand or by specialized hand tool), laying row cover, staking and tying tomatoes
• Help with transplanting of seedlings and hand scale direct seeding
• Maintain tools and facilities associated with field work including the wash-up station, harvest containers, harvest and weeding tools.
• Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the fields. We also suggest that you wear long pants, however to do so is optional.
• Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
• Log volunteer hours
• Enthusiasm for farming and being outside in all weather conditions
• Enthusiastic and able to do fast-paced, repetitive, detail-oriented work
• Ability to kneel and stand for an extended period of time
• Ability to identify the difference between a weed and specific veggies grown in the field
• Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment. Mondays, 9:00 a.m. – noon and/or Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: