Prerequisite Opportunity: Event Assistant Crew - Weir River Farm
Children & Youth Education, Environment
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 12, Minimum Age - 18+, Skill Category - N/A
Event Assistant Crew - Weir River Farm
Do you love the outdoors and meeting new folks while sharing your knowledge of the area? Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community? Weir River Farm in Hingham is currently looking for volunteers to join our Event Assistant Crew. Volunteers will meet and greet visitors, share information about The Trustees’ mission and properties, sign visitors up for our mailing lists, recruit new members and donors. Options to help run craft tables or something similar also available. This is a terrific way to meet new people and have fun!
• Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
• Educate the public about the goals of The Trustees and encourage membership
• Assist with programs as needed
• Log volunteer hours
- Have reliable transportation to the farm
- Desire to meet with the public
- Good communication skills
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Experience working with the public
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Two to four hours depending on the event.
• Open Barnyard – Every Saturday, April – October, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Summer Solstice – June 21, 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
• Family Farm Dinners – TBD
• Fall Festival – September 30, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
• Tree Sale – December 2,3, 9, 10 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
• Wreath Raising – December 2, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.