Age Minimum (with Adult):12+, Minimum Age:18+, Maximum Age:100+
Event Assistant Crew - Weir River Farm
Do you love the outdoors and meeting new folks while sharing your knowledge of the area? Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community? Weir River Farm in Hingham is currently looking for volunteers to join our Event Assistant Crew. Volunteers will meet and greet visitors, share information about The Trustees’ mission and properties, sign visitors up for our mailing lists, recruit new members and donors. Options to help run craft tables or something similar also available. This is a terrific way to meet new people and have fun!
• Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
• Educate the public about the goals of The Trustees and encourage membership
• Assist with programs as needed
• Log volunteer hours
- Have reliable transportation to the farm
- Desire to meet with the public
- Good communication skills
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Experience working with the public
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Two to four hours depending on the event.
• Open Barnyard – Every Saturday, April – October, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Summer Solstice – June 21, 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
• Family Farm Dinners – TBD
• Fall Festival – September 30, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
• Tree Sale – December 2,3, 9, 10 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
• Wreath Raising – December 2, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: