Weir River Farm is the last working farm in Hingham. After a long winter’s sleep, our barnyard will be in need of a good spring cleaning come April. Come join us as we shake off the winter doldrums and prepare for another fantastic season at the Weir River Farm by sprucing up our barnyard on April 15, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. All ages are welcome, but children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Please bring work gloves if you have them.
• Sign up for this event
• Raking and sweeping the barnyard
• Brush clearing
• Replacing animal bedding
• Preparing garden beds
• Maintaining communication with stewardship crew
• An eagerness to participate in maintaining the Farm
• Able to use hand tools (such as rakes, brooms)
• Able to follow instructions and work in a team
• Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
• Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Saturday April 15, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Come for the entire day or just a few hours.
The event will be cancelled in the event of active extreme weather.
We will break around noon so please bring a bag lunch. Water and light snacks will be available.