Age Minimum (with Adult):12+, Minimum Age:18+
Wednesday Workday Corps - Charles River Valley
The Trustees are forming a new Wednesday Workday Corps. Become an integral part of our stewardship team by joining a group of like-minded, dedicated individuals to maintain and care for our exceptional conservation land. Our goal is to develop a cohesive group of regular volunteers that will become familiar with our operation and properties. Once established, the corps may work more independently while collaborating with staff on identifying needs and recommending projects.
Corps members meet at the Powisset Farm workshop on the first and third Wednesday of every month from April through October. From Powisset, the crew may travel to one of our other local properties. Projects may include building bog bridges, rebuilding and restoring trail waterbars, light carpentry projects, grounds keeping, painting, cutting back overgrown vegetation, or removing invasive species.
- Registration is required.
- Have reliable transportation
- Dress for the weather
- Wear closed toed shoes (boots preferred), long pants and long sleeve shirts are suggested, with a pair of work gloves
- We supply the safety gear. All individuals must be able to safely use hand tools and wear necessary gear when appropriate (safety glasses, hard hats, etc)
- Logging volunteer hours in a timely fashion
- No experience necessary but you should be ready to work safely and be able to follow the instruction of the staff
- Work well as part of a team
- Be prepared for moderate to strenuous physical activity
- Ability to work on uneven terrain, carry heavy loads, and perform physically tough, yet fun and fulfilling work
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Held on the first and third Wednesday of every month, April through October. Come spend a day with us!
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: