Age Minimum (with Adult):16+, Minimum Age:16+
Events & Public Program Volunteers - Stevens-Coolidge Place
The Trustees is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to work with visitors during public events at the property. We host a variety of seasonal festivals and public programs year round. Because these programs attract numerous visitors, public program assistants play a vital role in providing a quality visitor experience.
- Assist Engagement Site Manager with weekend and evening public programs
- Welcoming and directing visitors, selling tickets and/or merchandise, serving refreshments and acting as a greeter
- Comfort in citing rules for and/or executing games and activities
- Interact with visitors, answer questions about the property, trails and events calendar
- Encourage visitors to leave feedback on comment cards
- Participate in event setup - must be able to lift 30lbs
- Assist in pre-event marketing, including hanging flyers and event calendar entry
- Promote the Trustees’ mission and provide membership information
- Interest in talking to and working with the public: including adults, children and families
- Flexible, reliable and independent
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces: grass, pavement, uneven surfaces
- Ability to pick up medium-weight objects from ground level
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Have reliable transportation to the property
- Friendly and polite demeanor
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Familiarity with the property or area [preferred, but not required]
Time Commitment Needed
3-5 hours per event. Assistants sign up for events and shifts that fit their interests and availability. Public programs mainly take place during weekend and evening hours.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: