Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Winterlights Setup - Stevens Coolidge Place
Trustees Winterlights returns and is bigger and better than ever. The exceptional gardens at The Stevens-Coolidge Place in North Andover will sparkle with thousands of shimmering and artfully designed holiday lights and you can help make it happen! Volunteers are needed to help hang lights, dangle decor and help make magical moments in the weeks leading up to the event starting on November 21.
You are invited to join our staff and other volunteers to help set up the various Winter Lights displays. If you have specialty skills like electrical or carpentry and woudl liike to help with special projects, we'd love to have you join our team. You can also help us spread the word in the community and make this year's event even more spectacular!
This is a great opportunity to volunteer as a group. Perfect for corporate groups, community groups, teams, friends, or families. If you have a group and would like to volunteer togehter, please email Marc Mahan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set-Up Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing Winterlights walking paths
- Spreading mulch/landscape prep
- Hanging lights and decorations
- Special projects such building reindeer possibly depending on skills
- Communicate regularly with staff
- Sign-up for your available days
- Able to follow designs and instructions from staff
- Able to perform physical work with your hands
- Comfortable climbing and standing on ladders preferred but not required
- Able to work outside during colder season
- Have reliable transportation to the Estate
- Good communication skills
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces, bend and lift upwards of 10 pounds
Time Commitment Needed
Schedule will be determined with staff, but ideally volunteers would commit to a 2-3 hour shift at least once during setup period, preferably weekly if possible.
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: